Finishing the stairs to your basement can make or break your budget as well as it can do the same with the entire look of your newly upgraded space. Find here the costs and requirements ofa straight basement staircase renovation in Toronto.
According to extra resources, a set of straight stairs (pre-built wooden stairs along with a custom-made handrail) will cost from $1,000 to $2,000. But most manufacturers of pre-built staircases will charge between $800 and $1000 for a set of straight basement stairs, usually all stringers with precut lumber to be installed according to manufacturer recommendations.
This sum does not include newel posts, platforms or balusters. Moreover, basement stairs are usually made from softer materials than standard interior stairways. However, some homeowners prefer to have hardwoods such asoak stairs in order to get a longer lifespan out of the structure.
The simplicity of a set of pre-built stairs makes it a great choice for the DIY fans:
- The average time span that is required to assemble and mount a basement staircase (by a profi) ismaximumeight hours
- The necessary tools are only hammers, a powerful drill and a level.
Nevertheless, be careful, as this simplicity is very illusive – it is easy to make bad blunder with levelingormountingjobs. Therefore, instead of doing DIY project, hire an experienced carpenteryou’re your basement stairs renovation. The cost of hired carpenter is about $45 per hour ( around $750 for the whole work), plus it is important to ensure that they follow all local building codes and are insured, licensed for such an important project.
- Sealing: it is best to apply as many coats as possible before mounting the units together. You can also want to paint and stainthe stairs to prevent wear and tear and any insects from ruining the raw lumber.
- Substantial freight or delivery charges can often run between $300 and $600.
- You can choose a kit staircase that relies on steel instead of wood. It is less expensive and cost from $400 to $1500. The combination kits (metal framing and wood treads) are available for $1500 to $5000, depending upon the design.
The cost for your basement stairs renovation project varies greatly by region we offer you average prices of basement renovations contractors in Toronto.